Maintaining Your Floor
Here we offer a few tips on caring for your engineered floor. Our installation guides offer detailed maintenance recommendations for each range, as well as repair instructions and solutions to remove stains.
- Use doormats outside each entrance to your home to prevent dirt, sand, grit and other substances from being tracked onto your floor. Use nonstaining mats on your floor. Do not put rubber-backed, latex-backed or coco fibre mats on your floor because they could stain or damage the surface.
- Close your curtains or blinds where extreme sunlight hits the floor. A combination of heat and sunlight causes most home furnishings to fade or discolour and will do the same to your floor.
- High heels and shoes with gravel and grit stuck on them can damage any floor. We suggest using rugs and runners in high traffic areas. Remember to shake out rugs and vacuum regularly. Your fury friends can also scratch your floors, so be sure to have your dogs and cats toenails clipped.
- Changes in humidity can cause floors to move, cup, crown or peak because of expansion and contraction created by extreme wet or dry conditions. Protect your floor by controlling the room temperature with a heating or cooling system. Suggested temperatures of 18-25°C with relative humidity levels between 30% – 70%.
- Support furniture with wide-bearing, non-staining floor protectors. Ideally, the protectors should be at least 25mm (or 2.5cm) in diameter, made of non-pigmented hard plastic, and rest http://www.cheapambienpriceonline.com flat on the floor. Nonstaining felt protectors are also acceptable. Casters (type W), felt pads or floor protectors are recommended for all movable furniture. Use protection mats under chairs with caster in order to avoid abrasion.
- If you need to move heavy furniture and/or appliances across the floor, always use strips of wood or hardboard runways to protect the floor. Always use runways, even if you have an appliance dolly or even if the heavy objects are equipped with wheels or rollers.
- Sweep or vacuum your flooring regularly (refer to the maintenance section of the installation guide on recommended cleaning techniques and products). Prevent stains by wiping up spills promptly.
Download Flyer Caring For Your Floors
At Hurford Flooring product quality is paramount.
All of our engineered floorings come with a 25 year construction warranty and 15 year surface warranty.
It’s important to remember, timber is a natural product with its own story. Individual boards will vary in colour and features. This variation is what gives timber flooring it’s natural beauty and appeal.